Nov 28, 2012

Folks! We're seeing advent calendars pop up all over  [tis the season]
and I'M SOOO LOVING IT!!! Bah! I Love it!

Here are 3 that really caught my eye and have inspired me to do something similar...
but for when the time comes that Jesse and I have little people running around.

A Merry Mishap: if you haven't already noticed, Jennifer comes up with some awesome DIY projects...she is inspiring...and I love that they are affordable and if done patiently...they look expensive. I have a confession [woop dee doo you say? lol :-[) ] annnyways, my confession? Ah yes...well, there is nothing more frustrating than seeing a craft that looks shody. Many people use the excuse while crafting "i'm just not crafty" and in my head I respond...."no, you're just not patient enough" It doesn't need to look perfect, but making anything requires patience....and there's nothing wrong with going back to that project if it's a little frustrating, if it means producing something of exceptional quality then taking a break will be worth it....just a hot tip. :)

I love this calendar for it's masculine and simplistic qualities.



Now these girls: Elsie & Emma [such cute names] are the bloggers behind A Beautiful Mess and their blogger contributor Katie did a modern folkish/Scandinavian take on her Advent calendar that she shared on A Beautiful Mess:   


and lastly, from BABYCCINO KIDS....an advent book calendar! Mo [a contributor over there] talked about wrapping up her Christmas books for her children, so that each night they have a Christmas story to read. I absolutely love this idea for a couple reasons: #1 I have been collecting Christmas childrens books for many years now and so I have 26 books already...or errr close to 26 I should day. #2 Reading! And reading with kids is the best! #3 This would make a wonderful tradition! #4 I buy a lot of my books on Amazon [specifically vintage children's ones and I pay no more than $4 for a book...they are pennies on that site!] so this can be just as affordable as going to the dollar store for items...also, check your thrift stores for Christmas books! #5 this is great to do with any type of book...but themes are always fun! :)






6 comments:

rachaelannep said...

i know, everyone's going advent crazy! maybe because you can be creative with it and come up with so many different ideas for them! elsie and emmas looks so great, and i love jennifer's minimilist take! it's like a grown-up advent!

valerie said...

I love all of these! So inspired. We were lame and bought one this year because I couldn't get it together in time...but it's Playmobile! I think the kid will be into it, even if it is a touch commercial :)

Unknown said...

http://www.skunkboyblog.com/

ROXY MARJ said...

Rachael, I couldn't agree more! :)

Valerie, I have NO DOUBT that Alden will love it... After looking at these advent calenders I thought it would be fun to have a little shoe box and just fill it up with tiny treasures one finds and/or buys throughout the year...that way when Christmas rolls around again you have everything all ready... Maybe try that? Or do and Advent Valentines calendar... whose to say it's only for December? :-[)

Brittany, thanks for the link [?] lol :-[) a little random, but much appreciated. I checked out her blog and it's really cute!

Brittany Rose said...

Its the link for Katie the contributor on A Beautiful Mess.

ROXY MARJ said...

Ah! lol I'm such a dork! THANKYOU for sending that...I will link her :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...