Sep 10, 2012

A couple weeks ago I decided to paint some faux hing straps on our door. This project came about because the hinges that I wanted were not within our budget. :/ I was then reminded of my trip to Italy in 2005 and how I couldn't get over the fact that soo many things were faux, and easily painted. This project took me less than an hour to complete, and the materials were less than $2, compared to over $100 we could have spent on each hinge.  I am really happy with the results and they actually look like real door straps, it is hard to tell just from five feet away!

p.s. off to the right, I have added a couple more pages to my bar: Free, DIY, & Type <- I went through my entire blog and finally grouped all those projects, designs, etc. together. :) So if there was a project you liked in the past, now it's easy to find.





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Saturday evening, Jesse, Harley and I went for a hike in the mountains behind our house. This was officially my first hike in Davis County where we live, and Harley's first hike....ever, we think. It was a lot of fun and went above my expectations in terms of the kind of wilderness I was expecting to see...I guess more dry terrain? 


Jesse and I were laughing so much at how hilarious Harley was. This dog was in HIS ELEMENT! We hiked a total of 4 miles, which for Jess and I was a lot since we are not in the best shape...there were times where Harley was dragging me up a hill and I was panting. Too funny! This will be my last post for awhile in regards to Harley, I don't want you to get sick of him now! :-[) I do adore him though. I never thought I could love another dog/s the same way as my two yorkies I use to have but Harley has really won my heart. Aside from Jesse, he is my #2 best friend. Aren't animals the best? I don't know what it is, but I could sit around and listen to people talk on and on about their pets and their funny idiosyncrasies! Okay.... i'll stop now. :)


two more things about the hike: I found a horseshoe! So stoked about that, I was also extremely surprised that some of these steep and narrow trails were even ridden on by horses...I kept saying to Jesse "There is nooo way horses have been up here" But he kept reassuring me that they have, due to the foot prints and their poop, and also reminded me of the "Man from Snowy River" <- I need to watch that movie again, I'm still in disbelief about the horses....


Then, I saw these three logs....and thought to myself "that's funny, this looks really familiar!" 
I just stood there and looked at those logs to try and remember why.......



Then it finally dawned on me. Earlier that morning I had completed a lot of mini paintings from my favorite pictures online, one of which was of these loggers! How odd is that? :]





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lastly, something that freaked both Jesse and I out this morning was this: 


Jesse found it inside his converse just as he was about to put his shoes on. What made him notice it though was the crazy web this spider spun in just 2 days! <- Since he wore them last. He showed me the web and I couldn't believe it. Then he said he better look inside to make sure there wasn't a spider. There was, and it was the size of a half dollar! CHECK YOUR SHOES FRIENDS! We're so creeped out now! And now....back to bug bombing again. :/ 

13 comments:

rachaelannep said...

it took me SO LONG to see the difference between the two pictures. i think i need my eyes checked. they look so cute!

that spider is terrifying.



rachael

ROXY MARJ said...

hehehehehehehehe lol I don't know why I find that so cute and funny but I do.... Thanks Rachel! :)

That spider was craaaazy! Crazy!

Anonymous said...

oh, that's such a great idea!! and your house is super cool btw.

ROXY MARJ said...

Thanks Bukay :) Seriously faux hinges is too awesome, especially if you wanna switch it up every year, paint a new design! :)

sophie & lili said...

you are so crafty & your house is darling. xo

ROXY MARJ said...

oooh thanks Jennifer, you are sweet to say that. :) xo

One Little Star said...

Love the faux hinges! That is such a smart idea, it looks really great. I also love that necklace, the bright colored beads are great. I may have to get out some fimo clay.

Lindsay Kay said...

First of all UGH that spider! Gross! I am NOT a fan of wolf spiders...or any spiders for that matter. I'm sorry. Yuck. Secondly, I LOVE the hinges! What a clever idea. They look great and totally add your cute flair.

SL&G said...

Oh Roxy I miss you! We need to get together! I love the door!

Lyric

ROXY MARJ said...

Lindsay, it was sooo disgusting but more so scary! Luckily it's not a Hobo or Recluse! <- We googled those....FREAKED ME OUT! And they all look so similar.

Lyric, I miss you too! I would love to get together. Due to us only having one car it's a little harder for me to come and go as I please...but if we set a date, i'm there. :) xo

Sarah Larsen said...

Your door looks really neat Roxy! I adore that picture of you and Harley, so so cute. Hope all is well!

ROXY MARJ said...

Thanks Sarah. :) ohhhh Harley, he is my little love boat...keeps me sane xo

fnjkeankjaen said...

So ingenious, I love it! Saving money by being creative, that's the way I like it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...