Sep 29, 2011

Wednesdays are officially me and Jesse's "date night" as of right now... so last night, we stayed inside rather than going out to dinner and a movie to save money.  Jesse had a great idea of "making something out of nothing" for dinner <- HA! Brilliant! :) So he sauteed up some red peppers and onions...mixed some pesto in, and then we took the quick bake pillsbury biscuits..smashed them out, put some cheese on top then the sauteed mix, more cheese, and topped with another biscuit, took the fork and sealed the edges.... They surprisingly turned out really good...I think making some with smoked gouda, mushrooms and asparagus would be sooo good!



Then I made a spice cake from the box...nothing special, but the homemade butter/cream cheese frosting was pretty good....and then for kicks, I added the gold sprinkles on top...It actually added the perfect little texture crunch....


Then tv shows later ...l.o.l..um yeah, we RARELY watch tv show's together as a "date"..actually last night was a first..but I really wanted to watch Suburgatory [which was pretty funny] and then came Modern Family and Happy Endings?  We laughed a lot...but I do admit, I felt like an old fart afterwards...  Our night ended with us skypeing with Jesse's bro and wife and while on the side I was also making more painted paper pics.. :)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...