Oct 22, 2010

I am gutting my computer of all the photos/music right now [it has been on for 4 1/2 hrs now! HA RECORD!] anyways, I came across this one just a bit ago. This is a picture of me on my first day of college at Parsons School of Design. That was an overwhelming day for me. I was 24 and it was 2005 <> a late bloomer [as usual] and so worried that I was going to feel totally out of place being that I was 5-6 years older than most... But in the long run, I am sooo thankful that I started school late, I actually see that as a blessing in disguise now. And speaking of Parsons, well not really - I am actually going to talk more about Project Runway which is filmed at Parsons. Anyways, the last 5+ years I have had many friends and family members say that I should go on that show, and my response was always "NOOOOO WAY!" The idea of being on a reality show puts a pit in my stomach just because of all the drama and how the show will really mold each individual the way they want the viewers to see them. The thought of going on there and having that show turn me into some gremlin monster horrifies me.....but <- yes there is a but.... All of a sudden [the last two weeks of suddeness] I have had the desire to go on Project Runway!? Yeah! What the!? I totally hesitate, BUT my reason for the sudden switch is this: I have watched the last 4 episodes and find myself being very critical...and then thinking afterwards "Roxy, if you're gonna talk the talk then you should walk the walk" Plus I have to remind myself that they are given some pretty intense challenges under 2 days or less. That is tough! And I have been wondering a lot lately if my $140,000.000 of college debt was worth it [friendship/life-lesson wise, TOTALLY] and if I could put together fantastic wearable looks for each challenge and too make it to fashion week..... hmmmmm -----> I wonder... ;)


Going to bed now....but before doing so,  I wanted to give all my faithful readers [wouldn't that be hilarious if the only other reader besides myself were my two yorkies I used to have: Stella & Sebastian! ah! I would just die, surely they must have done a google search for their old mommy...I hope they can spell my name, I can just imagine Sebastian typing " waaaxeee maaawwj" lol oh my gosh I am totally giggling myself to death right now...annnnnyways enough of that weirdness - now back to what I wanted to give you.  Since I had enough time to kick it on illustrator & photoshop  I made a nice little wallpaper for your desktop. Hope you like/use it. Or just print it out, make an envelope out of it - write a favorite someone a note and mail it off.  Night-o folks!

Fulkness - Large 17.5x11.5



Fulkness - Medium/light  14.5x8.5


7 comments:

Laura Lee said...

I would LOVE to see you on Project Runway! One of the only good reality shows out there. You would be awesome and I would feel awesome because I know you.

P.S. the Gallery Stroll is having a contest for designers to design the cover of the new salt lake gallery guide if you're interested. The winner gets a free original print.

ROXY MARJ said...

YES! SOOOO INTERESTED!

Laura, you are too kind... I feel awesome because I know YOU! Ugh, yeah you amazing photographer!!! :) xo

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

I love Project Runway, and I would love to see you on it! Pretty please try out for next season!!!

Jessica Marie said...

You are so talented, you really should try out for it! My mom thinks you are so great too! Hope all is going well. :)

Jessica

Robert said...

THE ANSWER IS NO. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO ON THAT SHOW. IF YOU WANTED 150,000 GRAND ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS ASK ME!

Robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ROXY MARJ said...

Thanks guys!

Robert, calm down lil buddy old pal. Breath.... :)

when are you coming to Colorado for Christmas? Or are you even able to leave Paris? :[ I WILL come see you in Colorado!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...