Dec 23, 2009

Folks....sorry for the delay in posts..this last week has been kinda a downer for me. My imac G5 officially turned off last Monday and does not seem to want to turn on again... through my online research and reading a bunch of forums, I think it has something to do with the logic board or power supply...and an issue that may cost me around $1,000 to repair. The most disappointing thing about this though is the fact that this seems to be a consistent issue with macs after 3 1/2 years of use. And like all the other mac users online who have had the same issue as mine....I think I may be going to a windows computer. I know that in the computer world, anything older thatn 3 to 4 years is considered a grandpa and that we are encouraged to get a new one. However, I really don't have $2,500 to dish out again, plus if my computer does the job just fine then why do I need to go out and by a whole new computer just because the new models happen to be 3/4" thinner or in a new color etc. and on top of that encourage our over consumption society even more? I am reminded of a conversation I had with one of my good friends Jenny awhile back about the subject of being "content" with things and how we live in a society where there is always going to be something better and how so many of us [myself included] have gotten sucked into this idea. I really admire those who are naturally good at being content, that is a quality I would love to master. :)

4 comments:

Annie said...

I completely agree! I wish i could be more content with what I have rahter than constantly think I need something new or better, wether it be the latest ipod or a new sweater.

nylon baby said...

don't do it. First you buy a PC and then it's a slippery slope down the mountain of awesome into the field of generic.

nylon baby said...

ps. this was typed on a 5 year old ibook G4.

Robert said...

WAIT! I THOUGHT MACS WERE INVINCIBLE? IVE ALWAYS FELT INFERIOR WITH MY PC.
BACK ME UP, GUYS, AREN'T I?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...